ws-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: What has happened to the Apollo/WSRF project?
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 20:30:01 GMT
so the 2 Apollo members became senior member/developers/engineers for Axis2 (AKA the sane alterative
to CFX)

Implementing WS-Addressing is described here:

http://wso2.com/library/2561/
Implementing the 'Addressing' module with Axis2 Framework is described here:

http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/modules/addressing/index.html

Additional Capabilities of SOAP 1.2 are explained here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cicsts/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.cics.ts31.doc%2Fdfhws%2Fconcepts%2Fsoap%2Fdfhws_message.htm
Implementing a specific version of SOAP(such as SOAP 1.2) in a Axis2Client is explained here

http://www.keith-chapman.org/2009/02/axis2-how-to-set-soap-version-on-client.html

I know for Maven doc we use doxia with 'Almost Plain Text' input

http://maven.apache.org/doxia

news update:
Dims got a PAYING JOB at IBM

http://www.linkedin.com/in/davanum

Glenn Daniels still works at Thoughtcraft and is the PMC Chair for Axis2..one heck of a nice
fellow I met him a few years back

at Babson College

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2

(Would be glad to help out..if you need a hand with anything)

Martin --

> Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 19:58:26 +0000
> Subject: Re: What has happened to the Apollo/WSRF project?
> From: sebbaz@gmail.com
> To: dkulp@apache.org
> CC: dev@ws.apache.org
>
> On 2 January 2014 19:51, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Dec 29, 2013, at 6:05 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> See http://incubator.apache.org/projects/apollo.html
> >>
> >> This says that Apollo graduated as WSRF (presumably part of Web Services)
> >>
> >> However, there is now no mention of Apollo or WSRF on the WS website.
> >>
> >> What happened?
> >
> > It more or less got merged into a different project and then archived. See:
> >
> > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-wsrf-dev/200703.mbox/%3C19e0530f0703050605s17ca975er24ff7db4c02c9c81%40mail.gmail.com%3E
> >
> > Now, I’m not sure if Muse should be on the site or not. There was a semi-inconclusive
discussion about retiring that: