ws-dev mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Retiring some projects...
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 13:04:12 GMT
On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 3:29 AM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> As the emails from Sebb obviously show, there is no one around that cares to do anything
about the XML-RPC site.   There hasn’t been a commit there in 3 years.   Thus, I’d like
to go ahead and just retire/attic it.    Thoughts?

+1

> What about tcpmon?   It’s been a really really long time since anything was done there.

I use Tcpmon for many years and its development is pretty much done so
even retirement is not the correct word here for this project I'm +1
for retiring its development.

> While were on the subject, I’d also like to remove XmlSchema 1.4 from the project list
on the site.   That branch was last released 3 years ago as well.   Really, there isn’t
any “support” for it.  Anything needing fixed will likely just be on the 2.0 branch.

As Axis2 trunk also moved to use XmlSchema2 I don't see any real
requirement to continue on 1.4 but I just like to keep project open
till we do the first Axis2 release based on XmlSchema2 that's most
probably within Q1 this year and  I can take the ownership of retiring
XmlSchema  1.4.

Thanks !

> --
> Daniel Kulp