ws-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No Issue tracker for WS as a whole
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 22:47:09 GMT
On 13 January 2014 22:16, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> Sebb,
>
> On Jan 13, 2014, at 3:58 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> PING
>>
>> On 2 September 2013 00:35, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I could not find an issue tracker for problems which affect the whole WS TLP.
>>>
>>> For example, issues with the parent website or with the download site.
>>>
>>> The main issue with the parent website is that it does not have a link
>>> to an issue tracking system.
>
> This is as designed and as we prefer.   Each sub project has their own issue tracker.

> This was discussed earlier.

As indicated on my original email I was not subscribed at the time so
did not see any response.

So how is one supposed to report issues with the parent website?

http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/xmlrpc/

> The download "pages” should all be using the mirror scripts so shouldn’t even be
listing anything.

Well yes, most people will use the mirror script, but if there are
issues they may wish to see what files are available.

The mirror standard is to show folders first.

> For pretty much any other situation, it just doesn’t matter as they should be using
the mirror scripts anyway.

If that is the PMC position there is no point in having *any* of the
current .htaccess contents, as they all only affect the index display.
Just delete the file, and the problem will also be solved.

Or just delete the IndexOptions line; again that will solve the issue.