ws-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving repos to git......
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2019 13:55:57 GMT
Just a little “progress” on this…

I’ve worked with infrastructure a bit and they deleted the “old” out-of-date mirrors
from the GitHub apache organization.    They they told me to use the new “self service”
method of creating new git repositories and then do the svn2git process myself to populate
the repos.   I’ve started doing that.   I believe Neethi is done and I should have the Axiom/WSS4J/XmlSchema
done late today.   The svn2git step takes a little while.

So a bunch of notes:

1) The self serve  thing requires the repo names to start with “ws-“ so they will be ws-neethi,
ws-wss4j, ws-axiom, and ws-xmlschema

2) I REALLY apologize for the number of emails that will be sent to the commits list through
all of this.   Apparently pushing each branch triggers an email.

3) Once the code is there from SVN, we’ll need to update all the pom.xml’s for the new
locations and such on each of the active branches.

4) I’m not sure yet what to do with the “parent” stuff or  the site stuff.    Thoughts?
    We could create a “ws-parent” git repo for the parent pom.

5) I’m also not sure how to make the svn stuff read-only.  The old process for doing that
no longer applies.   Will likely need to file a INFRA ticket for that, but I do want to make
sure the new setup will work OK for everyone.

Dan

> On Oct 18, 2019, at 8:49 AM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>

> I’d like to propose to start the process of moving some (or all) of our active repos
over to git.    Since git.apache.org <http://git.apache.org/> died in August, we’ve
kind of lost the ability to use git to interact with our repositories as the mirrors we had
there are gone.   What’s worse, the GitHub mirror of wss4j is now not getting updated so
it doesn’t contain any of the latest work there.     I’d like to, at least as a start,
get Neethi, XmlSchema, and WSS4J moved over to git and hosted on gitbox.apache.org <http://gitbox.apache.org/>
with the full GitHub mirroring and integration (pull request, merge buttons, etc…).
  Would anyone have any objections to that?    Any other thoughts/concerns?

> Would the folks working on Axiom want the Axiom moved over?        That leaves Woden,
but I’m wondering if we just retire/archive that project.   4 years since the last release,
2 years since the last commit.