ws-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving repos to git......
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2019 22:42:20 GMT
Woden is still used by Axis2. I'll have a look at the self-service
migration procedure and migrate it.

Andreas

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 12:21 PM Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

>> 3) Once the code is there from SVN, we’ll need to update all the pom.xml’s for
the new locations and such on each of the active branches.

> When will we have github mirrors that are synced to the new git repos?
>

> Immediately.   They are there now.  With the new “self serve” repo thing, the gitbox
and GitHub mirrors are created within about 20 seconds of submitting the request and everything
is wired together automatically.  That part is pretty cool.

> Anyway, the repos are:
>
> https://github.com/apache/ws-neethi
> https://github.com/apache/ws-wss4j
> https://github.com/apache/ws-xmlschema
> https://github.com/apache/ws-axiom
>
> Start pushing changes!    (And DON’T commit changes to SVN anymore)    Keep in mind,
you can push changes to either the GitHub mirror listed above or the repos on gitbox:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf#ws
>

>> 4) I’m not sure yet what to do with the “parent” stuff or  the site stuff.
   Thoughts?     We could create a “ws-parent” git repo for the parent pom.

> Yes a "ws-parent" repo sounds good to me.
>

> I’ll likely handle that on Monday.
>

>> 5) I’m also not sure how to make the svn stuff read-only.  The old process for
doing that no longer applies.   Will likely need to file a INFRA ticket for that, but I do
want to make sure the new setup will work OK for everyone.

a git repo if we want to keep it). @Andreas, what do you think?

> Well, at this point, I would only mark the 4 “trees” that correspond to the above
4 repos (5 if we add parent) and the rest can remain r/w.     Obviously, http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/website/
will need to remain r/w until we figure other things out for the website. (Or we just keep
the web site as-is)   Thus, we can be selective.

> Dan
>

> Colm.
>

>> Dan
>>

>> On Oct 18, 2019, at 8:49 AM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>> I’d like to propose to start the process of moving some (or all) of our active
repos over to git.    Since git.apache.org died in August, we’ve kind of lost the ability
to use git to interact with our repositories as the mirrors we had there are gone.   What’s
worse, the GitHub mirror of wss4j is now not getting updated so it doesn’t contain any of
the latest work there.     I’d like to, at least as a start, get Neethi, XmlSchema, and
WSS4J moved over to git and hosted on gitbox.apache.org with the full GitHub mirroring and
integration (pull request, merge buttons, etc…).       Would anyone have any objections
to that?    Any other thoughts/concerns?

>> Would the folks working on Axiom want the Axiom moved over?        That leaves Woden,
but I’m wondering if we just retire/archive that project.   4 years since the last release,
2 years since the last commit.