ws-ews-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Smith <pet...@fast.fujitsu.com.au>
Subject Re: Questions - EWSProvider, getMessageContext, JNDI access in Handlers
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2005 06:32:34 GMT
<head>
</head>
Srinath,<br>
Thanks for the quick reply.&nbsp; <br>
Peter.<br>
Srinath Perera wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:27:41 +1100, Peter Smith
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:peters@fast.fujitsu.com.au">&lt;peters@fast.fujitsu.com.au&gt;</a>
wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hi,

I have been looking at the EWS source code and I have a few questions
about the architecture (specifically how EWS interacts with an EJB
container). I think I might have already asked some of these last year
no reply yet. I am only an Axis newbie &amp; I have never used EWS runtime
so I hope that the questions are sensible.

------

QUESTION: EWSProvider

I thought I understood how the EWS "web service wrapper" is the actual
Axis web service implementation that is deployed to Axis:

- How (in the case of EJB-based web services) the job of the ws wrappers
is to dispatch method calls to the vendors EJB container using one of 3
mechanisms: (1) EJBLocalObject, (2) EJBObject, (3) some direct internal
mechanism.
- How the ws wrapper code generation is specific to known app servers
- How the ws wrapper code is generated by various classes in
src\org\apache\geronimo\ews\ws4j2ee\toWs\wrapperWs.

OK. But given that, I don't understand the purpose of the EWSProvider
class. EWSProvider appears to be doing a JNDI lookup and dispatch to
EJBLocalObject, EJBObject or internal class in the *same* manner as the
generated WS wrapper. Furthermore the EWSProvider seems only written to
the Axis deploy.wsdd in case of NON-Geronimo app server.

I don't get it. Is the EWSProvider class used or not? If yes, how does
it co-exist with the ws wrappers?

In a previous response, Srinath only mentioned the provider - not the
vendor specific "ws wrapper" generation - so I am confused by what seems
to be duplicate functionality. Basically the combination of J2EEProvider
and "Ws wrapper" makes sense to me but I don't understand where
EWSProvider fits in.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->the wrapper is old thing I want to remove completly ...
both approch works
But I think you should go for Provider. To use the provider set
useProvider = true in the
org.apache.geronimo.ews.ws4j2ee.toWs.ws.J2eeDeployWriter
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">-----

QUESTION: EJB 2.1 getMessageContext()

If I understood the EWS "ws wrapper" generation code OK then I know it
is up to the app server vendor to provide the necessary wrapper
generation code. I see the MessageContext is available to the ws wrapper
(when called from the J2EEProvider only?) but I didn't see any evidence
that the SOAP MessageContext then passes into the EJB Container - not
even for the Geronimo internal code.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">But the EJB 2.1 spec now has a getMessageContext() method on the
SessionContext for web service endpoints. So how is EWS supporting this
EJB requirement (eg for Geronmino)?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->the message context should pass in to the J2ee continer
but how to do
it is j2ee continer specific. If you use a provider you have the
message context all the time. In Geronimo we do not pass it now (WS is
not released at production level ), we are yet to do the WS accses via
intercepter stack.
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">QUESTION: JNDI access from JAX-RPC Handlers

JSR 921 (section 6.2.3) requires that JAX-RPC Handlers have access to
the EJB "java:comp/env" for accessing the EJB environment entries. I
couldn't see how EWS is supporting this requirement at all. Is it?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->Now it is not there  ..I want to think about bit more

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Thanks,
Peter

This is an email from Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd, ABN 27 003 693 481. It
is confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed and may
contain copyright and/or legally privileged information. No one else may read, print, store,
copy or forward all or any of it or its attachments. If you receive this email in error, please
return to sender. Thank you.

If you do not wish to receive commercial email messages from Fujitsu Australia Software Technology
Pty Ltd, please email <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:unsubscribe@fast.fujitsu.com.au">unsubscribe@fast.fujitsu.com.au</a>

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

  </pre>
693 481. It is confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed
and may contain copyright and/or legally privileged information. No one else may read, print,
store, copy or forward all or any of it or its attachments. If you receive this email in error,
please return to sender. Thank you.<br><br>If you do not wish to receive commercial