ws-muse-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Jemiolo <danjemi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject This week's business
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 14:11:30 GMT
I'm sick a with a bad sore throat today, so I'd like to handle this week's
business over email as talking is hard. Here are the things I wanted to
make sure everyone was aware of:

1. Dan & Andrew have 3 of 4 legal approvals needed and may be able to
commit new feature code as early as today. The vast majority of the 2.1
items in JIRA, then, will be handled before Friday's code freeze. Look for
a sea of commit messages and a new nightly build

2. I would like to extend the code freeze by a few days for the muse-tools
module, as Andrew wasn't asked to provide code gen support for both the
mini platform and a change in the Axis2 platform until last week, when he
already had TPTP obligations. The former is a matter of adding a new
projectizer to WSDL2Java (meaning it won't affect existing code); the
latter is caused by the fix for MUSE-141.

3. The fix for MUSE-141 also causes another interesting issue: we need
Axis2 1.1 RC 2 jar files to build muse-platform-axis2 because this driver
breaks behavior compatibility with the 1.0 release. The 1.1 jar files
aren't in Maven yet because it hasn't been released yet.

        a. I have a zip file with the updates developers need to make to
their local Maven repositories; I will put this jar in
ws.apache.org/muse/build/lib. All you'll have to do is unzip it in your
repository directory and the new build will work. When Axis2 1.1 Final is
released, Maven will see the update in ibiblio.org and automatically
replace your local jars with the new jars.

        b. I will post the Axis2 1.1 RC 2 on /build/lib, but with a
different file name from the current WAR, since it is not backwards
compatible. When we release 2.1, we will start supporting the new WAR and
ask people to upgrade. This is not ideal but I don't see any way around it
as the Axis2 decision is not in our hands.

4. I would like to propose a minor change in the command line processing
for WSDL2Java: add -axis2 and -mini options for project selection, as this
will not favor any one platform and will make users more aware of their
otpions. If we have a default, I propose -mini (including w/ OSGi usage).
Thoughts?

Dan

Dan Jemiolo
IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park, NC

+++ I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat
donuts. +++