ws-muse-dev mailing list archives

From <Chris.Twi...@swisscom.com>
Subject RE: Issue in EndpointReference.equals() method
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:19:25 GMT
I agree with the reason:

        //
        // compare wsa:Address - EXCLUDING the host. this allows us
        // to compare EPRs that have equivalent IP addresses and
        // machine names/localhost
        //

given that localhost could also be the machine name and the ip address,
or be multi homed.

However it seems to be perfectly valid to run the same client (with
presumably the same url source path) from two seperate machines or
indeed multiple clients from a single machine.

Its exceptionally difficult to make hostname lookup work in general but
I think its a valid enough requirement for the client to provide a
decent hostname:

InetAddress addr = InetAddress.getLocalHost();

shouldn't be that hard to use.

And IF need be have a simple rule for "localhost" vs the actual local
host name and default interface.  For multi-homed servers/clients its
normal to require them to choose an IP address / hostname.

Its a simple fix but there may be something I've overlooked.

PS (thanks for finding this Eitan, I'll certainly be fixing it on my
local version)