ws-muse-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Gazzarini <agazzar...@apache.org>
Subject Muse on Apache Qpid :)
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:11:29 GMT
Hello Muse devs,I'd like to inform you that Apache Muse has been (widely)
used as WSRF engine on Apache Qpid WS-DM adapter.

What is that?

First of all, Apache Qpid (http://qpid.apache.org) is an implementation
of the latest Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) specification; It
provides transaction management, queuing, distribution, security,
management, clustering, federation and heterogeneous multi-platform support.

As part of that, a sub-module called QMan (
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/qman-qpid-management-bridge.html) has been
developed (its development is still in progress). It enables Qpid remote
management using two technologies :

- JMX : http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/jmx-interface-specification.html
- WS-DM : http://qpid.apache.org/ws-dm-interface-specification.html

Note that the documentation is still in progress too :)

Concerning the WS-DM adapter I strongly used Apache Muse framework in order
to expose domain objects for management. I just override some default
behaviours (extending them) because the basic requirement was to enable
WS-Resource definition at runtime. I mean, domain objects that need to be
exposed for management are built at runtime so the corresponding WSDL cannot
be static and cannot be determined at startup,

Just a little question : while I was poking around the code, I saw that It's
not possible to change the logging implementation (java.util.Logger)
...isn't that a limit from an extensibility point of view?

Best Regards,
Andrea