ws-pubscribe-dev mailing list archives

From "Campana Jr., Salvatore J" <sal.camp...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Notifying Multiple Subscribers
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:55:36 GMT
So if the RS1 is a NotificationProducer Resource and exposes resource
properties, we generate a method call in the ini() of the Resource which
registers Topics for each of the properties.  This effectively exposes
all the properties for notifications and consumers will subscribe to
these Topics to recieve notifications.

>>When RS1 resource properties are modified, How will the consumers
(RS1_Topic1_Consumer1, RS1_Topic1_Consumer2)  get triggered?

Pubscribe does this under the covers when the properties are modified
via a SetResourceProperties request which modifies a property.

>>Where will the consumers listening for recieving the notification
messages in Base Notification?

If the consumers are implemented as Resources themselves (i.e. they
implement the Consumer portType), then they will have been generated
with an Abstract method call called notify(..) which you will need to
implement in the generated ...Service class.  When you subscribe these
resources you provide the endpoint url for the consumer resource and
this is how the NotificationProducer will contact them.  Ultimately the
notify(..) operation is invoked and you handle it however you choose.

>>How will the notification message result in action of invoking
consumer operation?

The notification message is simply a SOAP message like any other and
thus its format dictates that we are invoking the method Notify on your
service, thus it is invoked.

Please see the documentation for more information about Notifications.
If anything is missing in the docs please let us know and we will try to
enhance them further.

-Sal