ws-pubscribe-dev mailing list archives

From Sal Campana <sc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pubscribe clarificatrion
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:52:01 GMT
Kuzhandai, Anandan (Cognizant) wrote:

> Hi ,
>    I have tried with consumer and filesystem example.
>
> I have implemented the notify method in my
> XXXconsumerservice(generated)  program.
>
> a. I have subscribed the consumer (using SOAP subscribe request)
> b. I have updated the property in filesystem comment filed(using
> SOAP setproperty request)
> When I update the property, the program control is not coming to
> 'notify' method of consumer. Please let me know what could be the issue.
>
> Sample subscribe soap message:
>
> <Envelope xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
>           xmlns:npex="http://ws.apache.org/resource/pubtest/test"
>           xmlns:wsa="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/03/addressing"
>
> xmlns:wsnt="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/2004/06/wsn-WS-BaseNotification-1.2-draft-01.xsd"
>           >

>    <Header>
>       <wsa:To
> mustUnderstand="1">http://localhost:8080/pubscribe/services/pubtestservice</wsa:To>
>       <wsa:Action
> mustUnderstand="1">http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/2004/06/WS-BaseNotification/Subscribe</wsa:Action>
>    </Header>
>
>    <Body>
>       <wsnt:Subscribe>
>
>          <wsnt:ConsumerReference
> xmlns:ncex="http://ws.apache.org/resource/pubtest/pubtestNotifConsumer">
>
> <wsa:Address>http://localhost:8080/pubscribe/services/pubtestconsumer</wsa:Address>
>          </wsnt:ConsumerReference>
>
>          <wsnt:TopicExpression
> Dialect="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/2004/06/TopicExpression/Simple">npex:Comment</wsnt:TopicExpression

> <http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/2004/06/TopicExpression/Simple%22%3Enpex:Comment%3C/wsnt:TopicExpression>>
>
>          <wsnt:UseNotify>true</wsnt:UseNotify>
>
>       </wsnt:Subscribe>
>    </Body>
>
> </Envelope>
>

> regards
> Anand

is the location they expect to recieve the notifications at.  You do not need to do anything,
Pubscribe does this for you in the case of prop change events.
>     If you want to see it happen, then send a subscribe request and
>     use localhost:9111 , then use a tcp listener on port 9111 to
>     listen for incoming messages....you will then need to invoker a
>     SetResourceProp request and modify the resource property to
>     trigger an event.  The included Consumer and Filesystem example
>     can be used to help you along.
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
> information.
> reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,
> printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on
> this e-mail is strictly
> prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

It seems you and Arul are having the same issues, maybe working
together...Please see my last email to Arul..I will only be able to help
if you provide me with your code and wsdl and debug log output.  There
is nothing else to say since it should just work for you.  So lets see
the info I asked for and then we can narrow it down...

Thanks,

Sal