ws-pubscribe-dev mailing list archives

From "Kuzhandai, Anandan \(Cognizant\)" <Anandan.Kuzhan...@cognizant.com>
Subject RE: pubscribe clarificatrion
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 02:55:49 GMT

Thanks for your reply.  Your assumption is right. My question is "How to receive a message
automatically." Le me explain in detail.

1. How the consumers("who subcribed the topic") will get notified automatically. How to implement
this. Please provide me samples.
2. How the consumer will wait for any action triggered out of the resource property change.
3. How the consumer know something is published(is ther any listner??). Is there any consumer
action is triggered and then how to implement this. Please provide me the samples of how to
publish/receive the topic automatically.
4. How the publisher will trigger the publish to all the consumers. How to implement this.
Please provide me samples.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

regards
Anand

-----Original Message-----
From: Campana Jr., Salvatore J [mailto:sal.campana@hp.com]
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 7:15 PM
To: pubscribe-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: pubscribe clarificatrion

Anand,

You state:

"If any value change in one topic resource I have to send a notification message automatically
to all the consumers who subscribed it".

Does that mean to say if any of the ResourceProperties change, then the subscribers for those
topics should recieve notifications?

If so, by default we register all ResourceProperties and expose them as Topics.  You can subscribe
for any of the Topics to recieve notifications automatically.  If you would like to see all
the exposed Topics, then do a GetResourceProperty request on the defined Topic (ns base notif
draft 01) resource property which is automatically setup for you.

If you meant something else, then please clarify...

-Sal

  _____