ws-pubscribe-dev mailing list archives

From "Kuzhandai, Anandan \(Cognizant\)" <Anandan.Kuzhan...@cognizant.com>
Subject RE: pubscribe clarificatrion
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:29:35 GMT

Thanks for detailed reply. I will try out.

One suggesion on the documentation:

    Documentation is detailed and very useful. I believe the missing piece could be the summary
steps of publish(how) To receive(how) in developers guide.

regards
anand

-----Original Message-----
From: Campana Jr., Salvatore J [mailto:sal.campana@hp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 9:15 PM
To: Kuzhandai, Anandan (Cognizant); pubscribe-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: pubscribe clarificatrion

Anand what you are looking for is a client API which we currently do not have...

That being said I can give you some pointers for your questions:

>>1. How the consumers("who subcribed the topic") will get notified automatically. How
to implement this. Please provide me samples.

Consumers subscribe for notifications.  Part of their subscription is a URL which is the location
they expect to recieve the notifications at.  You do not need to do anything, Pubscribe does
this for you in the case of prop change events.
If you want to see it happen, then send a subscribe request and use localhost:9111 , then
use a tcp listener on port 9111 to listen for incoming messages....you will then need to invoker
a SetResourceProp request and modify the resource property to trigger an event.  The included
Consumer and Filesystem example can be used to help you along.

>>2. How the consumer will wait for any action triggered out of the resource property
change.

That is implementation specific.  You could simply have a consumer which opens a socket and
listens for messages.  If it recieves a meesage then it does something.  Look for a utility
class we use in our unit tests called PortListen, it may provide a useful example.

>>3. How the consumer know something is published(is ther any listner??). Is there any
consumer action is triggered and then how to implement this. Please provide me the samples
of how to publish/receive the topic automatically.

You can do a GetResourceProperty request on the WSN Topic property which the publisher will
expose.  The property is a list of the exposed Topics which you can then use for subscribing.

>>4. How the publisher will trigger the publish to all the consumers. How to implement
this. Please provide me samples.

When a resource property changes (i.e. update, insert, delete) it internally retrieves the
Topic property from the Resource, builds the notif message, then calls publish() on the Topic.
 The internals of the publish operation iterates an internal list of consumers and notifies
each.  If you needed to throw your own notification you would do the same, lookup the Resource,
get the Topic property, find the individual Topic you'd like to send a notif for and call
publish on it.

I believe this sort of information is in the new docs for the 1.0 release.  If you feel there
is missing information, please let us know.

-Sal

  _____

Thanks for your reply.  Your assumption is right. My question is "How to receive a message
automatically." Le me explain in detail.

1. How the consumers("who subcribed the topic") will get notified automatically. How to implement
this. Please provide me samples.
2. How the consumer will wait for any action triggered out of the resource property change.
3. How the consumer know something is published(is ther any listner??). Is there any consumer
action is triggered and then how to implement this. Please provide me the samples of how to
publish/receive the topic automatically.
4. How the publisher will trigger the publish to all the consumers. How to implement this.
Please provide me samples.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

regards
Anand