ws-pubscribe-dev mailing list archives

From "Yi Huang" <yih...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject RE: WS-BrokeredNotification
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:19:42 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We created that servlet web page for the convenience of managing
subscriptions on the broker. We found it is very useful for debugging and
testing. The broker has a web service operation "GetAllSubscriptions". The
servlet invokes that Web service to get current subscriptions.

Since you need to enter URL of your broker in that web page and others
usually don't know your URL. It is fine unless someone wants to hack your
broker intentionally. In production environment, you can disable that Web
service by simply set a flag in the broker so that it does not handle that
web service invocation. The flag is not there yet but it is very easy to add
by enabling or disabling the handler for that web service invocation.

Thanks,

Yi