ws-pubscribe-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject [ATTN: Release Managers] 3 binding +1's for a Release from PMC folks
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 10:53:54 GMT
Dear Release Managers,

[Sorry for the cross post!]

Please don't make a release unless there are 3 binding votes from pmc
members. We need it for legal purposes.

There is one more quirk about what we actually vote on. HTTPD pmc
votes on a svn tag and then the release managers cut binaries
corresponding to that tag. We tend to vote on a feature list and then
release managers make it happen.Again this is also for legal purposes
to make sure that there is proper oversight on what gets into a
release.  I am still finding out how other projects do it. Your
suggestions are welcome! Please post only to general@ws for discussion
to ensure maximum participation.

thanks,
dims