ws-pubscribe-user mailing list archives

From Sal Campana <sc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Additional documentation?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:20:29 GMT
Knötzinger Markus wrote:

>Hi to all,
>
>I'm new to pubscribe and wsrf and i studied much of the documentation
>provided at ws.apache.org,
>but I did not get it how to introduce web services notification (pubscribe)
>in a simple java
>application (like a GUI) which uses a web service for doing some jobs.
>
>Where do I have to start? What are the steps?
>Is there any documentation apart from ws.apache.org (like books) about
>pubscribe and the basics?
>(..since I do not want to bother you with my beginner questions.)
>
>Thanks a lot,
>Markus
>

>###########################################
>
>This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange.
>For more information, connect to http://www.F-Secure.com/

Markus,

It seems you are primarily interested in some sort of Java client code....

There has recently been the addition of a Java client added to the Muse
project which will be able to make the Pubscribe calls, however it is
new and there may not be much documentation as of yet...Take a look at
the code and its tests, which will probably prove useful to you...

Our initial goal was to support the backend, focus on the client side
has only recently been added.  That being said you could have used
SOAPConnectionFactory to make SOAP calls to the server...Its standard
Web Services stuff, except for the fact that you need to add
WS-Addressing headers to the calls.  We've done similar things for
different interop events, however the client code may be closer to what
you are looking for...

-S