ws-pubscribe-user mailing list archives

From "Wei Robert" <WeiRob...@JohnDeere.com>
Subject FW: New and confused
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:18:24 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Glad to hear from you. I sent a bunch of questions to the list
yesterday. Could you please take a look to see if I am a jerk or barking
at the wrong tree? Thanks.

Robert Wei

-----Original Message-----
From: Wei Robert
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 2:37 PM
To: pubscribe-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: New and confused

(I guess my previous message did not reach the list as expected)

Here is my question:

I am new to pubscribe and just tried filesystem and consumer demo. I am
evaluating this apache project for my company for an application
required to send notification of a document change in the backend office
system to an interest customer via SOAP.

Real-time or close-to-real-time response is a key requirement of the
application. That means that upon backend notification to pubscribe and
pubscribe notify subscribed user in a remote site. I think we could
develop an in-house piece simply receives SOAP message and turn around
sends a notification SOAP message to end user. The end user can be
determined by persist a user id/endpointurl and interested document
id/location.

My question is what pubscribe buys us?

Second question is that if we need change the wsdl etc, do we need
always go through "generate" again and again, since what generated in
.xmlbean are not recommended to change after the generation?

Thanks for your response!

Robert Wei