ws-savan-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2-Spring integration
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 09:52:35 GMT
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM, van Hugten, Stephan <
stephan.vanhugten@atosorigin.com> wrote:

> As you can read in issue AXIS2-4662[1] I support the idea of starting from
> scratch as this provides the most lean and extensible result. I also vote
> for a solution which has convention over configuration, where the end-user
> can deploy the basic run-time within 5 lines of XML configuration and add
> configuration only to override the defaults.
> For instance I would make the SimpleHTTPServer and the
> CommonsHTTPTransportSender the default choice for a ConfigurationContext to
> minimize the mandatory top-level elements. The basic run-time configuration
> would then look like this:
>
> <beans:beans xmlns:beans="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
>             xmlns="http://axis.apache.org/spring-axis2"
>             xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>             xsi:schemaLocation="
> http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
> http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
>                                 http://axis.apache.org/spring-axis2
> http://axis.apache.org/schema/spring-axis2.xsd">
>    <!-- Configures a run-time at port 6060 with the default
> SimpleHTTPServer receiver and CommonsHTTPTransportSender sender -->
>    <configurationContext port="6060" />
>
>    <!-- Resolves any @Webservice annotated webservice on the classpath -->
>    <webserviceAnnotationConfig />
> </beans:beans>
>
> I started with the creation of a new DefinitionBuilder that would resolve
> the basic run-time configuration XML with a different namespace (Something
> like http://axis.apache.org/axis2-configuration).
> We should also decide what types of webservices this solution should
> support. Will this project still support AAR's (including POJO's)?

I went through the jira but did not have time to go through your code. will
do at the week end try to put more comments.

First of all how you managed to provide the jsr 181 support? What is the
message receiver used in this case?

In your case the difference between deploying sping beans as a .aar file and
use your approach is to let users to specify even the configuration details
as spring beans. Anyway the simple http server is not something recomended
in a production envirionment.

But embeding Axis2 in a spring envirionment is different from this. It let
users to expose existing spring beans in a spring container as web services.

In a spring users point of view what is most important is the later case.

thanks,
Amila.