+1 for a solution which has convention over configuration.

Azeez

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM, van Hugten, Stephan <stephan.vanhugten@atosorigin.com> wrote:
As you can read in issue AXIS2-4662[1] I support the idea of starting from scratch as this provides the most lean and extensible result. I also vote for a solution which has convention over configuration, where the end-user can deploy the basic run-time within 5 lines of XML configuration and add configuration only to override the defaults.
For instance I would make the SimpleHTTPServer and the CommonsHTTPTransportSender the default choice for a ConfigurationContext to minimize the mandatory top-level elements. The basic run-time configuration would then look like this:

<beans:beans xmlns:beans="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
            xmlns="http://axis.apache.org/spring-axis2"
            xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
                                http://axis.apache.org/spring-axis2 http://axis.apache.org/schema/spring-axis2.xsd">
   <!-- Configures a run-time at port 6060 with the default SimpleHTTPServer receiver and CommonsHTTPTransportSender sender -->
   <configurationContext port="6060" />

   <!-- Resolves any @Webservice annotated webservice on the classpath -->
   <webserviceAnnotationConfig />
</beans:beans>

I started with the creation of a new DefinitionBuilder that would resolve the basic run-time configuration XML with a different namespace (Something like http://axis.apache.org/axis2-configuration).
We should also decide what types of webservices this solution should support. Will this project still support AAR's (including POJO's)?

Regards,

Stephan van Hugten

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4662