ws-savan-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <tjord...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Plan for updating axis(yes it is axis 1 not 2)
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 21:38:31 GMT
Hi dilly,

If you are interested in taking on a caretaker role for Axis 1.x, I can give you a hand.

If you have changes (and tests!) that you want to check in to the trunk, I could do that for
you, then we can get you committer status so you could then do that on your own.

Note that the tentative plan is to move Axis to the Attic, which means it is a 'functional
but retired' codebase.  But you could stop this if you have the time and energy to put in
to moving Axis to a (final?) 1.4.1 or 1.5 release.

Anyone else (Glen?) have any thoughts on how we can leverage dilly's energy here?

Tom Jordahl
Axis 1.x oldtimer

-----Original Message-----
From: dilly [mailto:dilly2steed@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:14 AM
To: java-dev@axis.apache.org
Subject: Plan for updating axis(yes it is axis 1 not 2)

 Hi, I am a newcomer to this mailing list.
I have used axis 1 in servial projects as an experienced user, it is a
good choice for the web server with jdk 1.4 or lower.

But it is a pity for long-time-no-updating situation. There are many
outdated links which are not valid and misleading. Also, some tiny
mistakes lie in the document. Besides, serival bugs live in the JIRA for
a long time.

So as a man who wants to do something for axis 1, I have a plan for
updating axis 1.
1.Update the document and the axis 1 site web pages to correct the
outdated links which are not valid anymore, e.g., the mailing list
address(lol:).
2.Update the document with axis 1 package, remove tiny mistakes.
3.If possible, resolve some of the old bugs.

The Ultimate purpose is to announce axis 1.5. It is beyond my
capabilities, at least now. But I can make a small step towards it,
let's say 1.4.1?

So there are the questions: Who will take my ouputs to the svn
repository? And there is still an active axis 1 sponsor ready for
checking my work?

Any response will be grateful, thank you in advance.

dilly(Ma Yu)
Shanghai, China
2010-10-07