ws-savan-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plan for updating axis(yes it is axis 1 not 2)
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2010 08:46:50 GMT
Please note that the site is generated and that you need to provide
patches for the site source. It seems that the site is generated using
an Ant script located here (I never touched any Axis 1.x stuff, so I'm
discovering at the same time as you):

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis/trunk/site/src/java/build.xml

Have you been able to run this script?

Andreas

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 03:52, dilly <dilly2steed@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Now it's time for detailed plan :)
>
> 1.Above all, correct the addresses of svn and mailing list! Or else no one
> can get involved
> [web page]http://ws.apache.org/axis/cvs.html: svn address
> [web page]http://wiki.apache.org/ws/SubmitPatches: svn address
> [document]axis-1_4\docs\building-axis.html: svn address
>
> [web page]http://ws.apache.org/axis/mail.html
> [document]axis-1_4\docs\install.html
> [document]axis-1_4\docs\user-guide.html
> [document]axis-1_4\docs\reference.html
> [document]axis-1_4\docs\integration-guide.html
> [document]axis-1_4\docs\architecture-guide.html
> [document]axis-1_4\docs\building-axis.html
> [document]axis-1_4\docs\developers-guide.html
>
> Other web pages and documents may also be involved
>
> 2.Update documents
> To to date, my plan includes 15 documents in doc directory, each given 2
> days.  I think that's enough.
>
> 3.Resolve bugs
> To be honestly, this is slightly beyond my capabilities.  I will try, but no
> time schedule, sorry.
>
> dilly(Ma Yu)
> Shanghai, China
>

> 于 2010-10-8 9:37, dilly 写道:
>>
>>  Thank you for reply, Tom :)
>>
>> Yes axis 1 has a long history, and now there is axis2(also xfire, etc.)
>> for web service. But axis 1 still has its value, as I insist. For one thing,
>> the web server with jdk 1.4 or lower needs it, as I mentioned before, for
>> another, Eclipse 3.5 J2EE formally support axis, which also indicates the
>> importance of my favorite(for evidence see the attachment). In fact, I just
>> use axis 1 in a project with weblogic 8.1. As to performance issue, I think
>> axis 1 is good enough for my requirements, so... :)
>>
>> OK Let's come to the point. The first step of my plan is to make the
>> document up to date, correct the outdated links which are not valid anymore.
>> I will shortly give out a detailed plan.
>> Hope for any advice.
>>
>> dilly(Ma Yu)
>> Shanghai, China
>> 2010-10-08
>>

>> 于 2010-10-8 5:38, Tom Jordahl 写道:
>>>
>>> Hi dilly,
>>>
>>> If you are interested in taking on a caretaker role for Axis 1.x, I can
>>> give you a hand.
>>>
>>> If you have changes (and tests!) that you want to check in to the trunk,
>>> I could do that for you, then we can get you committer status so you could
>>> then do that on your own.
>>>
>>> Note that the tentative plan is to move Axis to the Attic, which means it
>>> is a 'functional but retired' codebase.  But you could stop this if you have
>>> the time and energy to put in to moving Axis to a (final?) 1.4.1 or 1.5
>>> release.
>>>
>>> Anyone else (Glen?) have any thoughts on how we can leverage dilly's
>>> energy here?
>>>
>>> Tom Jordahl
>>> Axis 1.x oldtimer

>>> 2.Update the document with axis 1 package, remove tiny mistakes.