ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject Re: added support for messaging
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:16:33 GMT
> IMHO simple extensions (like adding Sanjiva's header processor) are a much
better
> approach then a 'from  scratch' rewrite. BUT again I am just a biased Web
> Services retrograde :-)

I'm not at all opposed to a rewrite .. when you keep patching
something to tweak it to do things not originally designed
for, it ends up being a mess. The only real solution at that
point is to rewrite it.

On the other hand, fixing up the existing base gives a platform
for experimentation and a version to work with until a better
architected version comes around. Hence, I'm fully supportive
of both efforts!

Sanjiva.