ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From George I Matkovits <matkovi...@uswest.net>
Subject Re: Using different socket implementation
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 03:40:56 GMT
The current generation of Java SSL implementations seem to be using URL
connections and NOT sockets directly. Please look at the recent posting of
SSLsoap. JSSE seems to work over a URL connection OK but I could not make it
work (and  test it!) with straight sockets. IMHO just compiling various
collections of socket factories means unfortunately nothing unless the code is
tested! SSL over URL connections can be also abstracted but ANY JSSE compliant
package will just work naturally with SSL Soap (sub classing or not).
Unfortunately Sun's JSSE can not be used in a commercial product. I will have to
find a commercial package also for my company but if it is NOT JSSE compliant
then it does not meet the standard and its vendor IMHO will not be around for
long! Please be careful what you commit to -).
Regards - George