ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Lambert <rlamb...@zantaz.com>
Subject RE: WSDL File : VB SOAP Client -> Java Apache SOAP Server
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:31:18 GMT
Thank you Max, Anne.

I will look into the implementations you mentioned.

Any ideas on the "deserializing" of more complex data types that do not
break down into primitives ? ( Like the DataHandler - which is like a byte
stream / data stream - Max )

Thanks, even though I do not have a sample or a solution, just to know
others have suffered the same fate as I have makes me feel better... Lets
just hope that SOAP will find some middle ground and that all these issues
with data types and interop. issues will be washed away !

Regards
Ryan Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Lambert
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 12:23 PM
To: soap-user@xml.apache.org
Cc: 'soap-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: WSDL File : VB SOAP Client -> Java Apache SOAP Server

Hello...

I have searched the entire internet ( well it certainly feels like that )
and have not found what I am looking for.

I have a Java SOAP Server running on Apache SOAP and have written a great
Java SOAP Client.

I got a VB SOAP Client to work with some of my Java Server methods ( simple
data types ) but this was using the low level API ( Hard coding the data
types into the VB Client ). Now I want to get my mind around the concept of
a WSDL file that will define the interface for my VB Client.

I have been unable to find much on this topic, many article cover WSDL and
the connection with SOAP, all promise follow-up articles with examples, but
nothing ever develops...

Please, somebody, take the Apache SOAP StockQuote sample and build us all a
VB Client that makes use of a WSDL file and that works !!!

Also, I want to know how the interop is going to work for my Java Server
methods that take / return parameters of Java type DataHandler ??? How will
a VB client break this down to simple types ???

Thanks for your help, somebody, anybody...

( The article on the aims group website did not help, I want the dummies
guide please ! )

Regards

SOAP IN MY EYES

+	 Ryan Lambert
(	 Senior Software Engineer
8	 Zantaz.com Inc
O	 5671 Gibraltar Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588