ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Draper <Cliff.Dra...@sun.com>
Subject license question about org/apache/soap/encoding/soapenc/Base64.java
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 23:39:37 GMT
Hi,

All of the source files to Aache SOAP 2.2 have the normal Apache
source license at the top except for
org/apache/soap/encoding/soapenc/Base64.java which has an IBM license.
We're looking to redistribute the soap.jar and our lawyers most likely
won't let us redistribute it when it has source code with a license
that's not from Apache.

Is there a newer version of this file that has been relicensd?  If
not, can it be done?

thanks,
Cliff Draper    Sun Microsystems, Forte Tools    (510) 869-3462 or x73462
My opinions may or may not reflect those of my employer.
"There is one thing stronger than all the armies of the world, and that
 is an idea whose time has come."  -Victor Hugo