ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Max Stolyarov <MStolya...@Novarra.com>
Subject RE: Basic Authentication with SOAP
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:09:04 GMT
Thanks Scott. I am running Apache SOAP under Tomcat, so I will try do what
you said. Thanks again.

Max

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Nichol [mailto:snichol@computer.org]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 2:48 PM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Basic Authentication with SOAP

Here's a quick summary.

Client
------
You must explicitly instantiate SOAPHTTPConnection and call setUserName and
setPassword.  You associate this will your Call instance with Call's
setSOAPTransport.

Server
------
This is dependent on your Web server, but the idea is to configure the
resource representing the SOAP service require authentication.  I usually
have a mapping such as /soap that I require authentication for.

Scott