ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Max Stolyarov <MStolya...@Novarra.com>
Subject RE: Array datatype with SOAP
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:50:39 GMT
Andrew

    Thanks for the samples. From your sample messages I can see that you
return an array of objects back to the SOAP client. Would you know how to
express arrays as part of XSD document, such as if I want to define an
object, such as:

public class message{
	private String[] users;
	private String msgID;

	// Setter and getter methods for users
	// and the msgID
}

How can I represent the above JavaBean using XSD, especially its member
'users' which is an
array of undetermined length.

I tried to define it like,

<element name="message">
	<complexType>
		<sequence>
			<element name="msgID".../>
			<element name="users" type="SOAP-ENC:Array>
??????????? Is this right,how do I define datatype of array members
		</sequence>
	</complexType>
</element>

The reason I have a problem with this, is because SOAP client libraries from
Apache automatically generate a proper SOAP/HTTP message where the member
'users' is specified as:

<users xmlns:ns2="http://.../soap/encoding/" typy="ns2:Array"
ns2:arrayType="String[2]">
	<item>user1</item>
	<item>user2</item>
</users>

but they don't generate an XSD document that I can have and put into WSDL
file. What I want to do it is to generate a proper XSD document which can
validate XML document for my JavaBean XML representation and put it in WSDL
file. If I am unclear on anything please let me know.

thanks in advance

Max