ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <a...@manes.net>
Subject RE: WSDL File : VB SOAP Client -> Java Apache SOAP Server
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 00:47:54 GMT
Ryan,

You can't get MS SOAP to talk directly to Apache SOAP using WSDL. The two
SOAP stacks have incompatibilities that force you to construct your messages
manually. The situation is quite a bit improved with Apache Axis (alpha
release now available). You also might try one of the other Java SOAP
implementations that offer easier integration with MS SOAP, such as The Mind
Electric GLUE and Systinet WASP (free versions available).

Regards,
Anne
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Ryan Lambert [mailto:rlambert@zantaz.com]
  Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 12:23 PM
  To: soap-user@xml.apache.org
  Cc: 'soap-dev@xml.apache.org'
  Subject: WSDL File : VB SOAP Client -> Java Apache SOAP Server

  Hello...

  I have searched the entire internet ( well it certainly feels like that )
and have not found what I am looking for.

  I have a Java SOAP Server running on Apache SOAP and have written a great
Java SOAP Client.

  I got a VB SOAP Client to work with some of my Java Server methods (
simple data types ) but this was using the low level API ( Hard coding the
data types into the VB Client ). Now I want to get my mind around the
concept of a WSDL file that will define the interface for my VB Client.

  I have been unable to find much on this topic, many article cover WSDL and
the connection with SOAP, all promise follow-up articles with examples, but
nothing ever develops...

  Please, somebody, take the Apache SOAP StockQuote sample and build us all
a VB Client that makes use of a WSDL file and that works !!!

  Also, I want to know how the interop is going to work for my Java Server
methods that take / return parameters of Java type DataHandler ??? How will
a VB client break this down to simple types ???

  Thanks for your help, somebody, anybody...

  ( The article on the aims group website did not help, I want the dummies
guide please ! )

  Regards

  SOAP IN MY EYES

        + Ryan Lambert
        ( Senior Software Engineer
        8 Zantaz.com Inc
        O 5671 Gibraltar Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588