ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Jerry Birchler" <jbirch...@thesociusgroup.com>
Subject Size limits on SOAP messages
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:16:17 GMT
Hello,

I have encountered a size limitation of 1.4 megs in my payloads. I am using
the Microsoft Soap Toolkit version 2 low API's to send a payload to an
Apache Soap 2.2 implementation on Solaris 8 running iPlanet Application
Server 6.0 SP3. I go around some file limitations mentioned at this site by
encoding my data in base64 and treating it like a string on the server. I am
convinced that it is best to simply exploit this technique and write an
architecture around compressing and  breaking large payloads into packets
and managing those packets on both client and server.

In considering this architecture I am thinking of concepts already applied
on the News Servers and News Readers. A mature publisher/subscriber model
with peer to peer replication has a strong appeal. If only there was a way
to administrate user privileges and hide channels then we'd really have
something interesting. Has anyone implemented SOAP on top of NNTP and
integrated that type of service with a web server?
_______________________________
Jerry Birchler
Meritage Technologies, Inc.
14755 Preston Road, Suite 300
Dallas, TX  75245
972.850.0590 - Office
214.762.4283 - Mobile
972.850.0595 - Fax
www.meritagetech.com

Meritage Technologies -- Ranked #15 on the 2000 Inc. 500 list of
fastest-growing, privately held companies in the U.S.