ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Ruben_In...@sonynetservices.com
Subject Port number in Host Header
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:29:41 GMT
Hi All,

  I'm using SOAP in an environment that needs the port number to appear in
the Host field of the HTTP Header of every request. I found that SOAP used
to have this feature in the past, (file HttpUtils) but it was removed in
revision 1.18:

<!--StartFragment-->
           .append(Constants.HEADER_HOST).append(": ").append(url.getHost
())
-          .append(':').append(port).append("\r\n")
+          // .append(':').append(port)
+          .append("\r\n")
           .append(Constants.HEADER_CONTENT_TYPE).append(": ")
 <!--EndFragment-->

  Do any of you know if there is a reason for that change? Was it causing
problems the port number in the header? I've had to create a patch for my
system... I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem...

  Thanks,

   Ruben