I am new to using SOAP so I could use some help on how to communicate with a perl module through apache-soap.

I have installed tomcat 4.0.1. and apache-SOAP2.2.

I can activate all the SOAP clients that comes with the soap package with out any problems.

How do I deploy a perl object to apache-SOAP?

I tried with a deploymentDescriptor.xml like this

<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"

       id="urn:number">

 <isd:provider type="perl"

        scope="Application"

        methods="getId">

  <isd:perl class="Identification" static="false" />  </isd:provider> </isd:service>

How do I set op the call object i my soap client?

I tried with source code like this

URL url = new URL("perlURL");

Call call = new Call( );

call.setTargetObjectURI("urn:number");

call.setMethodName("getId");

call.setEncodingStyleURI(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC);

Response resp = call.invoke (url, "" );

Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards

Anne Lennert

Platformsudvikling, Telia Net Danmark