ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "vijay_r" <vija...@infosys.com>
Subject SSL- SOAP- Weblogic
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:52:55 GMT
Hi,

While implementing SSL for SOAP in weblogic server I got the following exception. In short,
my SOAP call is using HTTPS and not HTTP -

default context init failed: java.security.PrivilegedActionException <<java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException:
Algorithm SunX509 not available>>
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: null; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Error opening socket: null]
at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java:324)
	at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:205)
	at citadon.bizcomponent.dms.service.helper.CitadonSessionResource.<init>(CitadonSessionResource.java:122)

Here are the steps which are followed during the process:

1. Got the rootcertificate(servertest.cer) and a testcertificate(test2.cer) from www.thawte.com

2.Added both to the certificates to the keystore

3.set the following properties:
-Djavax.net.debug=all
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=d:\development\shared\tools\jdk1.3.1\jre\lib\security\cacerts
-Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol
security.provider=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider;

4. Started weblogic server-I in 7001/7002 port  and started weblogic-II in 8001/8002 port

5.From server 1 we are able to pass messages to server-II thro' https whereas from server-II
we are not able to login into the server-I using https.While i was trying to login from server-II
to server-I i got the above exception.

If anybody have come across such an exception pl. mail me the solution.

Thanx and Regards,
Vijay