ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Pittman" <cpitt...@eworkertech.com>
Subject RE: Apache Soap and MS Soap
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 17:36:08 GMT
Scott,

You're amazing.  Thanks for all the help.  I'll let you know if I find any
bugs.

Chris Pittman
eWorker Technologies

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Nichol [mailto:snicholnews@scottnichol.com]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 6:42 PM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org; cpittman@entrinsic.com
Subject: Re: Apache Soap and MS Soap

Chris,

I've recently committed changes to allow you write Apache SOAP clients for
document/literal services.  You will need to get a nightly build (8/31 AM or
later) or grab from the CVS tree.  There is a doclit sample that works with
a public doc/lit service.

What you do is basically:

1. Map the de-serializers for the return values.  This is necessary to
handle the doc/lit response.  It relies on the existing MS interop hack of
supplying the element qname rather than the element type qname.
2. Code the call and parameters like soap/rpc encoding.
3. Do call.setDocLitSerialization(true) before invoking.

My testing has been limited to the sample I wrote, so if you think you've
come upon a bug, you may well have.

Scott Nichol