ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen D Burroughs" <OW...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Reusing code
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:56:51 GMT

Scott,

Thanks for the reply. In answer to your question, WSIF does not have an
Axis dependency either.

It appears that the entire file has already been reused in Axis (minus the
fix?!). I will ask on the axis-dev list to see if anyone knows any more
about it.

Owen

                      Scott Nichol

                      <snicholnews@scott        To:       soap-dev@xml.apache.org

                      nichol.com>               cc:

                                                Subject:  Re: Reusing code

                      10/09/2002 17:33

                      Please respond to

                      soap-dev

Owen,

The presence of the IBM license is somewhat troubling.

I note that this file is very similar to org.apache.axis.encoding.Base64.
In fact, the Axis code appears to be the same as was originally checked
into
Soap, but with an Apache license.  The Axis code appears to be missing the
one update done in Soap, which added javadoc and fixed a pair of bugs (a
pair of lines that read "int rest = len-off;" in the original code were
changed to "int rest = len").  Does WSIF have an Axis dependency?

Scott Nichol