ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Nichol <snicholn...@scottnichol.com>
Subject Re: Provider class query
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 05:16:21 GMT
In the method you mention is the following code

        className = dd.getServiceClass();
        if (className == null)
            return null;

        if (className.equals("java"))
            className = "org.apache.soap.providers.RPCJavaProvider";
        else if (className.equals("script"))
            className = "org.apache.soap.providers.RPCJavaProvider";

        try {
          c = ctxt.loadClass( className );
          newObj = c.newInstance();
        } catch(Exception exp) {
            throw new SOAPException(Constants.FAULT_CODE_SERVER,
                                    "Can't load provider '" + className
+ "'",
                                    exp);
        }

The dd.getServiceClass() gets the value of the type attribute of the
isd:provider element in the deployment descriptor.  As the code shows,
besides being the name of a class, it could also be the "well-known"
values "java" or "script".  In the case of an EJB, this is the name of
the class of the provider.

As we are doing the same step in both conditional blocks, we can use
logical AND Instead of using else if .
<<<

Correct.

Scott Nichol