ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From bill-s...@carpenter.ORG (WJCarpenter)
Subject SAXSource vs DocumentBuilder performance
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:31:21 GMT
Some time back, post-2.3.1, this change was made to Apache SOAP:

      Add the ability to select between parsing XML using a
      DocumentBuilder versus a Transform from a SAXSource to a
      DOMResult on a per-Call basis.  This is on the client only.
      If testing establishes that the Transform offers a significant
      speed improvement, the server code may be changed as well.

I sort of recollect that there was a difference of opinion about
whether this actually made any difference or not.  Before I go off and
construct some tests to measure it, has anyone else already done so?