ws-users mailing list archives

From Eric Brown <EBr...@2wire.com>
Subject RE: Firewall tunneling
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 16:56:41 GMT
The JVM itself has some system properties you can set to go through
application level firewalls (i.e. http proxy or socks). I don't remember
what the exact settings are, but you'd run something like java
-Dhttp.proxy=blablabla.

Eric

Eric Brown
2Wire.Inc
Server Engineering Manager
p. 408.503.1060

Want to share your DSL or cable connection with all the computers in your
house?  Check out 2Wire's HomePortal at http://www.2wire.com/products.

-----Original Message-----
From: Olivier Sarrat [mailto:olivier_sarrat@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 8:54 AM
To: rpc-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Firewall tunneling

Hi !

Does anyone know how to go through a firewall without rewriting a complete
XML-RPC client ?

I manage of course to set the System properties with the hostname and port
of the proxy server.. but there's no method in XmlRpcClient to pass the
login/password.. I've tried setBasicAuthentification, but it doesn't wotk...

Has anyone any idea ?

Cheers !

Olivier Sarrat.