ws-users mailing list archives

From Rick Blair <bl...@xanadu.ds.boeing.com>
Subject Re: XML as a string parameter to methods.
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 18:00:49 GMT
Hi John,

I managed to fix part of the problem.  Or at least move it.  Now it happens on the return
value.  I am using xerces as a parser,
it also happened with the default parser.

Here is the dump.

Searching for method: XMLRPC_Publish
Parameter 0: class java.lang.String = The_Pointer
Parameter 1: class [B = [B@47321fe0
Parameter 2: class [B = [B@47321db0
Parameter 3: class [B = [B@47321c90
startElement: methodResponse
startElement: params
startElement: param
startElement: value
Fatal error parsing XML: The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not
allowed.
The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:979)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpc.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(Unknown Source)

This is because the value is 2 xml docs concatenated into one string.

Thanks

Rick