ws-users mailing list archives

From "John Wilson" <...@wilson.co.uk>
Subject Re: Return value 'null' not supported
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:43:43 GMT
Null is a non standard extension to XML-RPC. Hannes used to support it but
removed it when Dave Winer (who owns the spec) voiced his disapproval of the
extension.

I think that the code may have a problem with this situation. I spent some
time working with Rick Blair on a similar point.

I think that the server returns something like

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<methodResponse>
   <params>
      <param>
         <value>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<methodResponse>
   <fault>
      <value>
         <struct>
            <member>
               <name>faultString</name>
               <value><string>java.lang.RuntimeException: null value not
supported by XML-RPC</string></value>
               </member>
            <member>
               <name>faultCode</name>
               </member>
            </struct>
         </value>
      </fault>
   </methodResponse>

Which is obviously wrong. Rick was going to report it as a bug but he has
yet to do so, so I will;)

I was going to test this and offer a patch but I'm afraid I a bit pressed
for time at the moment.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk