ws-users mailing list archives

From Tim McClure <Tim.McCl...@casi-rusco.com>
Subject RE: Persistent http
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:23:36 GMT
Marcel,

I do not know if this applies but the WebServer class supply times the
socket out at 30 seconds, even in keep alive mode.  The feel here is that
for a web server you do not want to persist a connection indefinitely so I
made my client send a keep-alive message when it is idle for 5 seconds.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Ruff [mailto:ruff@swand.lake.de]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 3:33 PM
To: rpc-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Persistent http

Hi,

it is more a general question about Keep-Alive HTTP 1.1.

Hannes has some code in XmlRpc supporting this but
if i remember right he mentioned that there are problems with it.

I try currently to setup a persistent http connection with
an own socket implementation and it is not very stable/persistent.

What where your problems and how did you solve them?
Are there any links covering this topic?

thanks

Marcel

--
Marcel Ruff