ws-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Ruff <r...@swand.lake.de>
Subject Re: Persistent http
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:03:03 GMT
Tim McClure wrote:
> Marcel,
>
> I do not know if this applies but the WebServer class supply times the
> socket out at 30 seconds, even in keep alive mode.  The feel here is that
> for a web server you do not want to persist a connection indefinitely so I
> made my client send a keep-alive message when it is idle for 5 seconds.

My problem is as follows:

client --- proxy ----- server

I open a scoket connection from client to proxy, with a

   POST http://server ...

this works fine.

1) Now i can send through this socket many request (works fine).

2) Then i tried to send a request and push many data packages
back to the client (works fine).

Now i try to do 1) and 2) simultaneously, but the proxy
kicks me off (the code works fine without proxy).

This is not timeout related as the test runs through in some
milliseconds.

This is a bit offtopic, but i hoped you have some experience
with such things.

thanks,

Marcel

--