ws-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Dobby" <bdo...@nobilis.com>
Subject NullPointerException on server close
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:31:07 GMT
Hi, I'm just trying xmlrpc for the first time. I'm impressed with its
ease of use, but I do have one problem with it; I always get a null
pointer exception reported when the WebServer closes, and this doesn't
look good in a production system.

I create the WebServer like this:
   myserver = new WebServer(m_apiPort);
   myserver.addHandler("MyRPC", myClass);
   myserver.start();

I stop it like this:
   myserver.removeHandler("MyRPC");
   myserver.shutdown();

I get this at the console:
Closing XML-RPC server socket.
Exception in XML-RPC listener loop (java.net.SocketException: Socket
closed).
Closing XML-RPC server socket.
Hit uncaught exception java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer.run(WebServer.java)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

This happens whether or not I actually run a client. I'm running with
JDK 1.3 under Windows 2000 Server. Does anyone know what I'm doing
wrong?

   TIA
      Brian