ws-users mailing list archives

From "Kenny Smith" <ke...@la.hosting.com>
Subject Looking for a FAQ or Tutorial
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 02:08:20 GMT
Hi,

I tried emailing to get the FAQ for this list, but no FAQ was found. I'm
trying to find a tutorial on how to the XML-RPC lib in my servlet, but I'm
coming up empty handed.

I've found the apache docs on "how to", but it doesn't explain what it's
doing:

 XmlRpcServer xmlrpc = new XmlRpcServer ();
 xmlrpc.addHandler ("examples", new ExampleHandler ());
 byte[] result = xmlrpc.execute (request.getInputStream ());

I don't understand how it knows which object to do the procedure call on? Is
that what the addHandler is doing? Is it mapping the ExampleHandler() object
to the name "examples" so that requests that come in for, say,
"examples.doTask" get handled by ExampleHandler.doTask()?

I've read a lot about Java and Servlets, but I don't have too much hands on,
tangible experience, so I don't know if I'm making false assumptions. If
anyone can just point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Kenny Smith
Hosting.com