ws-users mailing list archives

From "Dejan Bosanac" <deja...@datagate.co.uk>
Subject Calling methods without parameters
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:53:48 GMT
Hi,
I got a problem trying to call a Java method without parameters through
XmlRpcClient class.

Here is a little code example and exception I get.

Code:

XmlRpcClient xmlrpc = new XmlRpcClient("http://localhost:25252/RPC2");
xmlrpc.execute("SnmpCollector.restart", new Vector());

// this is a function definition
public void restart() {
    // do the work here
}

Exception:
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: java.lang.RuntimeException: null value
not supported by XML-RPC

When I'm calling function with some parameters everything work fine. Also
when I'm calling this restart method using PHP XML-RPC client everything is
OK.

Can someone please tell me what am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
Dejan Bosanac, Software Developer