ws-users mailing list archives

From Mirza Irwan Osman NCS <imi...@ncs.com.sg>
Subject ASCII, EBCDIC conversion
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 08:23:54 GMT
Hi

I'm a newbie in XML-RPC. But I'm sure my problem has been encoutered before.
I have an XML RPC servlet running on a Linux server(ASCII). And also an xml
rpc client code (in java) running on the mainframe(EBCDIC). When the client
code make the call, it gets the following error:

java.io.IOException: String index out of range: -1
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java)
        at com.ncs.sso.SSOCtrl.getUserXMLRPC(SSOCtrl.java:208)
        at com.ncs.sso.SSOCtrl.getUser(SSOCtrl.java:184)

I think this has something to do with conversioin between the ASCII and
EBCDIC. I have tested this code in other environment and it worked fine. Can
anyone tell me how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Irwan