ws-users mailing list archives

From "John Wilson" <...@wilson.co.uk>
Subject Re: Performance using included WebServer
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:00:25 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel S. Myers" <dmyers@pomona.edu>
To: <rpc-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2002 9:46 PM
Subject: Performance using included WebServer

> Hi,
>             I was wondering if anyone knew of benchmarks done on the
> WebServer class included in the XML-RPC distribution? I'm looking for
> something like the number of no-op RPC calls it can handle per second,
> or something to that effect.

Daniel,
    there's a Benchmark class included in the distribution. This will
execute a remote Math.abs() call which is pretty close to a no-op.

The following static variables:

static int clients = 16;
static int loops = 100;

Control the number of simultaneous connections made to the server and the
number of times the call is made on each connection.

Hope this helps.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk7