ws-users mailing list archives

From Martin Redington <m.reding...@ucl.ac.uk>
Subject secure stuff again
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:12:04 GMT

Well, I finally got round to playing with SSL stuff. got my XML-RPC
servlet running, with tomcat handling the SSL.

Altered my test client to use SecureXmlRpcClient ... which then chokes
on the https protocol.

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:475)
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:371)
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:325)
         at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.<init>(XmlRpcClient.java)
         at
org.apache.xmlrpc.secure.SecureXmlRpcClient.<init>(SecureXmlRpcClient.ja
va)
         at
uk.co.autonomous.util.xmlrpc.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:54)
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https

So, courtesy of tomcat, I can use SSL, but I can't seem to test it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Should I wait for the new branch? Any idea when its coming?