ws-users mailing list archives

From Devon E Bowen <bo...@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Subject https
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 20:08:52 GMT
I need to run a simple XML-RPC server and I like the Apache XML-RPC
approach since it lets me write in Java. The fact that it includes
a lightweight HTTP server is also nice since I have no need for any
other web services on this machine. However, I need SSL and I don't
see a way to easily make HTTPS work.

I've made progress by running and Apache Web Server and installing
mod_ssl into it. I want to then hand off all my reqests to Apache
XML-RPC. Can someone tell me what module I need to install to do this
hand-off? I was hoping to hand it directly to the Apache XML-RPC
server running on port 8080. Or do I also need Tomcat to get servlet
capability and then need to run XML-RPC under that?

Or, better yet, can someone suggest an easier way to get this going?
Using the Apache Web Server for just SSL seems like overkill.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Devon