ws-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject Re: XmlRpcClient.setSessionId() ?
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 23:11:53 GMT
I use salesforce.com with the latest XML-RPC from CVS with some minor
modifications.  Their sessionID stuff is cookie-based as well as
"in-band" in the XML-RPC request.  To make the session ID work you will
need to either
A) manually create a cookie header by modifying your copy of the library
B) send me a personal e-mail for a JAR that supports the Jakarta Commons
HttpClient and automatically handles cookies.  You will also need to
incorporate the session ID in your XML-RPC request.
C) Sit tight.  We are working on some changes to the library that
include a pluggable transport layer.  One such layer will be the Commons
HttpClient, which natively supports cookies.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks