ws-users mailing list archives

From Twan Kogels <t...@twansoft.com>
Subject Access Response object in Handler?
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:14:39 GMT
Hello,

I've got a problem and can't seem to find the answer. I've made a
midp(j2me) client which communicates with a xml-rpc server (in java, as
servlet). No problem here.

A clients wants to login, easy peasy, check the username en password in a
methode "doLogin" in class "Login". Add a handler and ready. Works perfect,
doLogin() gets executed when a xml-rpc message comes in.

But now i want to return the url of the servlet in the doLogin() methode.
When i'm in the servlet doPost methode it's easy:
String sessionURL = response.encodeURL(request.getRequestURL().toString());
But now i'm in the handler in the "doLogin()" method. I can't see how i can
access the Response object.

I can't pass it in the constructor when i add the handlers, cause the
Response object is not available in the init() methode of servlet. I also
can't seem to pass a extra parameter to the execute() methode.

I'm quite stuck. Can anybody offer me a helping hand?

Best regards,
Twan Kogels